Thursday 8 March 2012

Member Profile: Meet Sarah!

Well, as Cindy is away I am introducing myself here so I'm skipping the nice intro because it would just be weird! All I'm going to say is have fun reading some more about me!

The basics
Name:  Sarah

Hometown: A small village in east Co. Meath

Current Home: Just outside Cork city, I'm a long way from home!

Blog address
: www.fairyfacedesigns.blogspot.com

Flickr name: Sarah @ FairyFace Designs

Family: My lovely hubbie, and 2 little terrors (a boy and girl aged 5 and 4)

Pets: None, not now, not ever!


The details
What is your day job? I work in human resources

What is your current dream job? Ooh - a combination of quilt designer, quilt seller, sewing tutor and fabric shop owner. I'd love to run a creative space in Cork combining all those things, where people could come and have fun, make things, drop in casually, attend classes etc. I'm still dreaming!



What did you want to be as a child? A teacher (hilarious, I would be the worst teacher in the world!)

What is your favourite time waster? My laptop/iPhone....Facebook, Flickr, Blogs....endless entertainment

 
What are you working on now? I have 3 quilts on the go at the moment, plus a doll quilt swap

What do you want to be working on right now? A quilt for my son D, but I haven't finished the design!

Do you have other hobbies beyond quilting? I like to knit and crochet too, plus I love to read. I love to watch good tv too...roll on Game of Thrones series 2!





Do you play sports?  Which ones? Can you call dancing and swinging a 4 year old around a sport? It's definitely good exercise.

What is your strongest positive personality trait? Enthusiasm

What is your greatest fear (nothing morbid or spooky…in a lighter sense)? My sewing machine breaking down the week of a deadline!

Is there anything in your past that would shock us (that you’re willing to share)? Eh no.....

What started you quilting? I learned to sew and made lots of stuff including baby blankets, then someone asked me to make a quilt for them (2 actually) and I said yes without really realising what I was getting myself into! I blame her for my addiction.



A Quick-fire Round….What is your Favourite

place to holiday: Italy

movie: Lord of the Rings.... or Notting Hill. I know, they are not remotely related.

food: Thai, or Pizza

book: Em...Lord of the Rings!! (spot the recurring theme). I also love Maggie O'Farrell, Kate Atkinson and Margaret Atwood's books.

band/song: Florence and the Machine

colour: Aqua

saying: I'm so tired...... (I'm a night owl but my kids don't respect that and like to get up at 7am!)

fabric line: Don't have one - I'm a mix and match girl! Love to put together my own combos of fabrics.

fabric designer: Don't really have one either but I do love Denyse Schmidt, Kate Spain, Bonnie and Camille...anything bright and modern really!


sewing tool: I love my Creative Grids cutting ruler, its brilliant for accurate cutting

quick finish sewing project: phone cozy


project completed by you: oooh, tough one, its hard to pick! I love my hand quilted circles mug rug:


But at the moment I am completely in love with my Ruby quilt. The top is done and I have my backing fabric, all ready to baste next. This one will be a keeper :-)



7 comments:

  1. I love your work Sarah, so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love game of thrones! I am waiting for season two and I am on book number 5, which is why I haven't been sewing so much...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your lovely bright colours and that hand quilting! So neat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew excited to find this blog and see there is a modern quilt guild in Ireland.

    For an Irish quilter living in California.

    Leona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby looking good Sarah. Love these profiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you are as bright and colourful as your gorgeous makes S (perhaps not at 7am though!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearing more about you! I am here in the United States. I am not a quilter but a garment sewist.
    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete